The Student News Site of Angeline Academy of Innovation

The Bowman's Beacon

The Bowman's Beacon

The Bowman's Beacon

‘Demon Slayer’ review

Kamran Jackson
Tanjiro and his sister, Nezuka, fighting together.

Whether you watch anime or not, you have probably heard about the anime “Demon Slayer” at least once. “Demon Slayer” was first released in 2019, and is still producing new content today. It currently has three seasons you can watch on Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Sling TV and Apple TV.

A lot of people enjoy this popular show for many reasons; eighth-grader Akilah Polanco likes the characters.

“My favorite character is Mitsuri Kanroji,” Polanco said. “I find her personality interesting and love her character design.”

“Demon Slayer” has a diverse cast of characters, from humans who have amazing abilities to really powerful demons. But the characters are not the only thing that people love about “Demon Slayer.” Eighth-grader Olivia Neuffer likes the storyline.

“The plot is really interesting. I like the way the story progresses in a way you can follow,” Neuffer said. “I like that we are able to watch the main character Tanjiro grow and become stronger throughout the anime.”

The anime begins when Tanjiro is thirteen years old and he finds his entire family dead and his sister turned into a demon. As the story goes on you see him growing older as he travels around with friends he meets along the way, trying to find a way to change his sister back to a human.

“Demon Slayer” has a very unique and recognizable art style. Its distinct art style can portray character expressions well and create visually beautiful and action-packed scenes. Eighth-grader Skylyn Cooper, a person who appreciates art and wants to become an artist, really likes the art style.

“It’s super pretty and colorful,” Cooper said. “You  can tell the emotions of the scene just by looking at it.”

“Demon Slayer” is the perfect anime for anyone looking to start watching this genre.

“I would recommend the show to any new anime watchers,” teacher Jennifer Watkinson said. “The amazing plot and characters are sure a lasting expression on any new watchers.”